Tuesday 4 June 2013

Anchored off Findhorn - 1.4 metres on the echo sounder ...

I anchored off Findhorn just after low water, so that I could scan the channel through the binoculars. I was a bit worried that I might be pushing my luck even at the top of the tide (neaps).

I dropped the anchor in 3 metres, but the boat swung round nearer the bar.

1.4 metres should be the distance from the sounder head. Probably the 'bumping' draft. It's hard to tell in the haze, but it doesn't look as though there is more than a few inches under the keel here.

It was a quiet day, a sandy bottom, and a rising tide, so I wasn't too worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varnish ...

Some new/refurbished items. The old locker lid was on the point of failure, and I had this nice piece of mahogany ... The cockpit step is fr...