Wednesday 31 July 2024

Part 3 - Things Start to Get Better ...

From Eigg, I visited Loch Hourn. Part of the theme of this year's cruise was visiting some of the long sea-lochs I hadn't visited before, and this one was high on the list. It was unequivocally spectacular. I went to the top of the loch, and visited Loch Beig (through a difficult S-shaped channel, that left me dangling by my Navionics tablet for a few tense minutes ...).

I didn't anchor in Loch Beig, because I didn't want to be tide constrained, but anchored at the top of the main loch instead. Photos and videos can't really do it justice, but here are a few:

Cottage, Upper Loch Hourn

DSC00878

Loch Hourn

After Loch Hourn, I spent a few hours anchored off Sandaig, waiting for the tide to help me up the Sound of Sleat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bow Light

My bow light packed in on day one of the trip (overnight sail from Portsoy to Clachnaharry). It was a Lalizas FOS 20m LED unit - completely ...