Wednesday 31 July 2024

Teetering ... and then Summer Isles

At this stage, I could have gone back South and up the canal. I decided to go North - there were a few things I wanted to explore up there, and it promised to be quicker. And cheaper. (!)

From Kyleakin I visited Loch Carron, where some head-scratching revealed to me that I'd have to get a move on if I wanted to be back in Lossiemouth in time to take some booked appointments in Aberdeen in the week commencing the 29th of July. I started with a sixty-mile hop to the Summer Isles.

The anchorage I went into there reminded me of how vulnerable I felt following the Navionics chart into Loch Beag (at the top of Loch Hourn). I have two tablets, and now keep them both running when I'm in tight spaces ...

The Summer Isles anchorage was magical, and the weather was perfect. I had a small run ashore.

Summer Isles




No comments:

Post a Comment

Bow Light

My bow light packed in on day one of the trip (overnight sail from Portsoy to Clachnaharry). It was a Lalizas FOS 20m LED unit - completely ...