Wednesday 18 July 2018

Catching up - Portsoy and Peterhead

I've got some catching up to do.

On the 29th of June, Edan and I took Raasay through to Portsoy for the boatshow.

Raasay in Portsoy, 2018

We had an uncomfortable night on the first night because she settled very head down - the slope of the bottom was against us. On Saturday we swapped round.

The weather was blistering.

Portsoy was just the first step in a much larger master plan, though, and on the Monday (2nd July) I sailed round to Peterhead.



I did some final checks and tasks, and some business in Aberdeen, and then Angus joined me on Wednesday night to sail for Vlieland on Thursday morning.

I was planning to fill up with diesel in Peterhead, but the marina manager was very difficult to get hold of and I decided to make do with what I had. Surely we wouldn't be motoring for more than 50 hours ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Varnish ...

Some new/refurbished items. The old locker lid was on the point of failure, and I had this nice piece of mahogany ... The cockpit step is fr...