Sunday 22 July 2018

Lowestoft

I'm in the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk Yacht Club marina, in Lowestoft. I'm going to pick up the north going tide this evening and sail round to Cromer - where I will anchor off.

Conditions are in my favour, and there aren't so many places I can stop until I get north of the Humber estuary.

I'll be following the tides.

I sailed fifty miles out of Stellendam yesterday, starting about 4:30 - just before first light. I thought I was going to go to Walton, or maybe Harwich, because that was the best course I could make. Then the wind began to die & I decided that if I was going to motor I might as well head for Lowestoft, which was further on my way and also five or ten miles closer.

So here I am.

I'll post some links to photos and stories presently ... I've realised that doing this in some sort of orderly way is a fond hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varnish ...

Some new/refurbished items. The old locker lid was on the point of failure, and I had this nice piece of mahogany ... The cockpit step is fr...