Tuesday 25 July 2023

Kirkwall to Sinclair's Bay

 


I spend two nights in Kirkwall and got showered, clothes washed, groceries, fuel, and water. And slept some more.

Today (Tuesday) I sailed from Kirkwall to Sinclair's Bay. Homeward march.

The weather was good - a little rain early in the day, but bright otherwise. The wind was steady, mostly 12-16 knots from the NW.

Unfortunately, there is still some residual swell from the NE weather a few days ago (the wind that took me from Fair Isle to Kirkwall). Sinlcair's Bay is a bit rolly as a consequence. It should reduce overnight. It won't stop me from sleeping.

I may go to Portmahomack tomorrow, and visit Tain on Thursday. Then I'll head back to Lossiemouth on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varnish ...

Some new/refurbished items. The old locker lid was on the point of failure, and I had this nice piece of mahogany ... The cockpit step is fr...