Friday 14 July 2023

Sinclair's Bay to Stromness, Scapa Flow and Bay of Ireland


Angus and I rested up on Monday and then did an overnight passage to Stromness - timing dictated by the tides in the Firth. We arrived about 5:30 on Tuesday morning, just in time for him to take the ferry to Scrabster and buses home ...

We forgot that there wouldn't be a direct ferry from Kirkwall on a Tuesday.



I spent a couple of days in Stromness and its environs, including two nights anchored in Bay of Ireland so that I could have some Zoom meetings.

Video: Sailing in Scapa Flow

I don't know who the old bugger in the funny hat is. He must be one of the crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Varnish ...

Some new/refurbished items. The old locker lid was on the point of failure, and I had this nice piece of mahogany ... The cockpit step is fr...