Monday 31 July 2023

The Complete Trip

 


I'll post more about this in due course. I also have a Flickr album of photos which I will be adding to as I get a bit more organised.

There were some cringy moments:  I think my anchor dragged in Shetland more often than it has in the last five years; an awkward entry and exit from Out Skerries, including two close encounters with grounding (one with a bump or two, one without); clumsily rafting up to Saecwen in Lerwick, after our trip round Bressay.

Somewhere between brushing these off and allowing them to terrify me there is some 'zone of proximal development' which I may live long enough to benefit from.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Varnish ...

Some new/refurbished items. The old locker lid was on the point of failure, and I had this nice piece of mahogany ... The cockpit step is fr...